Rib cook pictures if your interested

Looks great,

I did 4 racks of baby back ribs for the big game. It was the first time I wrapped my ribs with foil for the cook. When I took off the foil and let them sit for another 45 min. They fell apart in a few places, and the pork pulled at least a 1/2 inch off the bone. Give it a try sometime.

Also thanks for the pictures!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rick Soli:
5 Slabs of Baby Backs and some sausage I did during the superbowl. Ribs were excellent I had a great smoke ring and moisture content. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rick,

Thanks for sharing.

What rib recipe and smoke wood were used?

Did you do anyting special with those sausage? How long did you smoke them? I plan to throw a 3 pound package of Johnsonville's on the next time I light my WSM.

Jim

They look great!

I'm hungry now
icon_smile.gif

Greg/Jeff

My company makes packaing and one of the High Density products we use is basically cutting board material. I purchase in 4ft by 9ft sheets and cut it down. I was planning on offering it on the board but it beacame to much of a hassle. Cleaning is not a problem I use either hot water and bleach. Or a lysol spray then rinse with the hose or hot water in a wash tub.

As for the sausage I plan for 2hours on the bottom grate. I did nothing to them. I cooked some fresh mild italians, and then I had some of my goose meat processed into italians. I love sausage on the WSM.

Ribs
I used my rub with 1 chunk Guava, and 3 Chunks Hickory. I usually do a Hickory Cherry combo.
I cooked for 3.5 hours fliping one time then foiled with a special mixture of three ingredients for 1hr 15 min then put back on the cooker for another hour. I used stick fingers Memphis style BBQ sauce at the end for 15 min. I know you cant see much bone exposed but the ribs were very meaty.

Thanks

Back