[restoration] Curbside pick up - Genesis Gold 8128

JonnyB

TVWBB Member
What's up everyone.

2 nights ago my neighbor dumped this outside of his house and I picked it up. Not sure if you can tell by the late night pics, but the burner bars are completely rusted out and have holes in them. That's a simple replacement though. My main concern is the lid. On the backside of it, it appears to have rusted out and I believe there's a hole, is this fixable? The other big concern is that piece also on the backside of the lid that is peeling away.

I really love this style of the Weber gassers, the sturdy long tables I guess is the main attraction. I wish it was wood instead of the plastic shelving, but I'm sure that stuff is very durable anyhow.

Thoughts?

5xhMaNE.jpg

q5tCGW8.jpg

eGwtLeU.jpg

159Qvvt.jpg

1u7VwPO.jpg

N5w4WFO.jpg

tyeBwBB.jpg

That liner on the lid is really only there to keep the stainless from discoloring. IMO you could lose it and the grill would function just fine.

That liner on the lid is really only there to keep the stainless from discoloring. IMO you could lose it and the grill would function just fine.

Yeah. Just snap off that hanging piece. Not sure if warranties would still help you out on that or not. Didn't see a picture of the hole you mentioned.

Warranty?! I'll try to get better pics when I clean it up, those were taken the same night.

Edit: Looked up warranty, 10 year on cookbox, bowls and lids, on CURRENT models. This grill is around 03-05 from what I could find, and I'd need to know the warranty that was given at that time.

Last edited:
googled found this. Not sure if accurate. Some more knowledgable guys here probably have better info.

You do need to be first person to register grill via serial, so hopefully previous owner didn't, or you'd have to impersonate your neigbor.

https://www.appliancefactoryparts.com/content/pdfs/135710-1.pdf

Aluminum Castings, lifetime, 1 year paint
Stainless Steel Hood Section, 25 years
Porcelain Hood Section, 25 years
Burners, 10 years
Igniter, 3 years
Porcelain Enameled
Cooking Grates, 3 years no rust
through
Porcelain Enameled Cast Iron
Cooking Grates, 5 years no rust
through
Stainless Steel Cooking Grates, 7 years no rust
through
Porcelain Enameled
Flavorizer
®
Bars, 1 year no rust
through
Stainless Steel
Flavorizer
®
Bars, 5 year no rust
through
Thermoplastic/Thermoset Parts, 10 years Excluding
fading
All Remaining Parts, 5 years

Last edited:
Cool. Does say original purchaser. As a Christian I can't lie over something like that it'd be equal to theft to me. I'll call Weber though and see what they say, thanks!

I'm not seeing an area to file online, only where it gives a number to call or the email.

Anyone else have input? I'm heading out of town for a few days so I won't have serial number til then.

When you get back, email Weber the photos and the serial number to get the process started. Helps if you register the grill on the site, too.

Cool thanks. I ordered the burners already. My dads been cleaning it up while I'm gone. He said the grates and flavorizers were dirty but ok. Also said there is no crack in lid, only the liner.

Back