Restaurant Festival

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello all,

In an attempt to lift the mood in our area, my hometown proceeded with its restaurant festival yesterday. They blocked off about a four block area and the various restaurants from the area set up booths and sold some specialty foods.

Pulled pork seemed to be the item of the day, and most of it was excellent. I tried pork from about four different places, and the best was a restaurant that did a whole hog. They pulled it and served it with red roasted peppers and a bit of cheese. Excellent!

The worst was the "so called barbeque experts" who had set up in front of a local bar. They had a whole hog there too, but it was dry and stringy. They had ribs, but they wanted $6.00 for two ribs! My wife and I just laughed. The place next to them had a shaved prime rib sandwich with horseradish sauce that was unreal. I tried that instead.

It goes to show the value of this site. Two years ago I would have bought those ribs and would have been singing their praises. Now I have the ability to distinguish between good barbeque and bad barbeque. The man with the pig was from Hawaii, and he assured me that it would be the best that I would ever have. He was right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back