Respecting the Leftovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Rempe

TVWBB All-Star
What is the protocol for re-heating the pork butt. First time I've had extra since I got my WSM and I'm sure the microwave isn't the way to go! Thanks!!

The microwave is fine for reheating BBQ-- the key word is "gently". Place a few servings in a dish, cover with wax paper, and microwave at 30% power for a minute at a time until warmed to your liking. Some meats, like brisket, benefit from a tablespoon or two per serving of broth or apple juice, or even water if it's all you have, to the dish while heating.

Low and slow of course! Microwave is just fine. Try 1 min. at a time at 30 to 50% power. Works for me my friend.

Rath *just repeating what he heard here*

Just Microwaved a bit of the pulled pork - just like every has said - slow and low w/ a little bit of sauce....

Worth coming home for lunch!

I vacuum seal my pork and put the majority of it in the freezer. My favorite way to reheat it when it is in the vacuum sealed bags is to place it in a pot of boiling water. This provides nice, even heating of the meat without the uncertainty of the microwave.

After the bag is open, however, in a bowl in the microwave is how the rest of it gets heated!

-Matt

Like the others I use about 50% power in the microwave in my wimpy < 1000 watt microwave. I really like to pack a Corelle bowl with BBQ meat, then flip it upside down on to a Corelle plate. No mess and it stays quite moist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back