Rescued a mid 90's Genesis 2000

NicoleDuv

Hello, All! Been a few years since I've posted here. I restored a red 96 Genesis 2000 awhile back and am working on it again. I decided to see about finding a donor for some parts, specifically the drop shelf and front metal panel that rusting out. Searched for 10 minutes and found a beauty for $10! And it had the drop shelf (Stacked on top of the side shelf in the picture)! I figured I would fix up the grill and give it to my son, and keep the table for me. :)

Sidenote: I was in Montana visiting my dad so did not have my truck. I now have first hand knowledge and experience that one of these will fit in a 2018 Crosstrek.

As we finished loading up the grill, I asked about the shelf. He didn't have it anymore as he couldn't figure out where it went and had tossed it in the garbage ... which had been picked up yesterday.

*Sigh*

Anyway, thought I would share that one more got rescued and rehomed.

Screenshot_20220707-050407_Chrome.jpg

This pic is from the ad. The cart has been reinforced in a couple of spots but is in overall decent condition. The burners allegedly work and the firebox is in great shape.
Will take more when I clean it up.

Here it is in the Crosstrek.

Attachments

• 20220706_121406.jpg
    20220706_121406.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 17
Nice find. I think it may be a genesis 2. No casters and the older style wheel.

Hard to tell from the pic but the igniter toggle looks like it doesn't have a plastic frame and may have a metal pivot

I would say that is a 2 for sure, so no casters would be correct. The igniter switch cover may be the early kind that did not have a frame/bezel. Like you said, DanHoo, can't really tell from the picture.

A black grill with nicely stained wood slats makes for one very sharp Genesis in my mind! It will take some work, but it will be rewarding.

Please keep us posted with pictures on how it goes for you Nicole.

I just did one like that. I would also say, as above, that is a 2. Mine was identical, from the original owner, and had the original manual. No casters.

Back