Rescued 18" OTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Newhouse

TVWBB Fan
I picked up an 18" OTS on CL for $30 today. Grilled burgers and dogs for the kids. That puppy got really hot. Fixin to do Lamb chops for my bride and myself.

I took advantage of the Memorial Day K sales. I've always used lump, and based on my experience with the K, I think I will go back to lump.

I was wondering if anyone has converted an OTS to a OTG.

-mike

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Newhouse:

I took advantage of the Memorial Day K sales. I've always used lump, and based on my experience with the K, I think I will go back to lump.

I was wondering if anyone has converted an OTS to a OTG.

-mike </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lump all the way!!

yes, there are few posts regarding converting the OTS to an OTG:

http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/...0039023/m/9941040316

Mike, I just did the same thing you are trying to do, I picked up a OTS from CL, and ordered an ash catcher from Bar-b-que.com/store. Cost for ring and holder was about $ 31, but living in Canada I had to pay extra for shipping. Where abouts in San Antonio are you, my sister lives there and I try to go there at least once a year. Last time I was there in march we took at trip out to Blacks for some real nice bbq for lunch.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave O:
Mike, I just did the same thing you are trying to do, I picked up a OTS from CL, and ordered an ash catcher from Bar-b-que.com/store. Cost for ring and holder was about $ 31, but living in Canada I had to pay extra for shipping. Where abouts in San Antonio are you, my sister lives there and I try to go there at least once a year. Last time I was there in march we took at trip out to Blacks for some real nice bbq for lunch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We live just outside the city limits, between San Antonio and the small town of Helotes just on the edge of the Texas Hill Country.

I'm not familiar with Black's BBQ. I'll have to look that up. Bob's is the best I've had in San Antonio proper. But just like Mexican food, the best stuff is hidden away in hole in the wall places.

Thanks for lead on the conversion parts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back