Replacing LP side burner valve with gas line on Weber Spirit E-330?

Mark Miller

So, I have built a grill but our current Weber Spirit E-330 was built and delivered by Lowes. Should have bought at True Value Hardware *AND* called Weber where I would find out they don't have service in my area (Raleigh, North Carolina).

We have a problem where the side burner won't light or if it does, only 3/4 of the flame comes out.

After some back and forth, including sending videos, they are sending out LP SIDE BURNER VALVE WITH GAS LINE. I wonder if this is easy to replace?

We don't use the side burner much. I thought I'd wait for a warm day then do it. Then I have to wait until it's dark because it's hard to see the flame in the daylight. In our defense, we did test the burner when grill was delivered and it seemed to work but then next time it didn't.

We have used the grill multiple times and overall we are happy with it. It's much hotter than the Nexgrill that it replaced.

Welcome Mark,

My suggestion is start by registering your grill online with weber using the serial number as the best way to get to the online manuals.

https://www.weber.com/US/en/home/
-> parts and support
--> Register your grill

Then once added you'll be able to get to all the manuals including guides for replacing some of the parts.

All that said, disconnecting and reconnecting the gas line is straightforward. I'm guessing the Spirit is like my Genesis and the line to the burner connects to the manifold with a flare fitting. you can use a crescent wrench or an open end. You do not need pipe dope or tape on fittings like this.

Of course, close off the tank or NG supply line or better still, disconnect the tank or NG hose.

Here is a manual for my 2016 Genesis E-330. I expect your Spirit will be similar, however when you register your grill you should be able to find the exact manual for your grill.

good luck

Last edited:
Haven't fixed this problem yet. Mostly because it's a long process trying to talk to Weber. So I talked to a local guy at a hardware store about this. He gave me a suggestion for checking the gas flow to the burner. Using soapy water and a toothbrush. Would it be easier to see this during the day or at night with a flashlight? He suggested at night.

Would it be easier to see this during the day or at night with a flashlight? He suggested at night.
A leak makes bubbles, so day or night, inside or outside, just look for bubbles.
You can use a spray bottle, q- tip, small paint brush or your finger.

It’s embarrassing but we fixed the problem. It turns out the burner was not installed properly. Maybe knocked over during delivery. My partner noticed and fixed it. Now side burner works just fine. Not sure why it took this long. No spare parts needed.

Back