Replacing a garage door opener

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
The only TRUE difference I have found between Liftmaster and Chamberlain (who makes LIftmaster) is the Liftmaster has a one piece T rail the Chamberlain as a rail made of square stock you assemble. I have taken both apart. The motor, circuit board and gear trains are all the same.
As for those circuit boards. I repaired mine myself. It's EZPZ simply a small soldering iron. Remelt the power connections slap that baby back in and off you go.

JSaus

TVWBB Pro
The only TRUE difference I have found between Liftmaster and Chamberlain (who makes LIftmaster) is the Liftmaster has a one piece T rail the Chamberlain as a rail made of square stock you assemble. I have taken both apart. The motor, circuit board and gear trains are all the same.
I agree from my research. A Chamberlain will serve you just as well with the typical metal garage doors. If you have a big, heavy wooden door, you may want a heavy duty product. There is quite a difference in price.

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Yes there is but I used a big heavy wooden door with a Chamberlain for a VERY long time. But then again I simply had changed out the actual "power head" from the Liftmaster with stripped gears to the Chamberlain. I left the rail. Used it like that for many years until I found a bargain on a belt drive Chamberlain and then I had to change out the rail. Other than how it's assembled I see no difference in performance. It's really all "marketing" more than "substance". In the end your door does not care if the rail is extruded square tubing or the rail. No difference. The power heads are identical.