Replacement parts under warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom R

TVWBB Super Fan
I have a OTG lid that has the paint chipping off where the damper slides open and closes. It's less than 2 years old so I wanted to have it replaced. What will I need to give to the Weber CSR in order to have it replaced? I never registered the product and don't have a serial number or receipt of purchase. Will they still honour the warranty?

You might have to take a picture or two and email it to the rep you talk with. That's what I had to do with both my 26.5 kettle & 22.5 wsm. I had to get two new lids and bottoms on both webers because paint was off both. I had no problems getting replacements.

Like AHurt said...take some pics. Contact them with Stefans number and then email pics. And they will help you ASAP.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AHurt:
I had to get two new lids and bottoms on both webers because paint was off both. I had no problems getting replacements. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Can you share a picture of them? I would like to compare them to mine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stefan B:
Canadian Customer Service
1-800-265-2150

Email
info@omcbbg.com </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I called them and got tired of waiting for someone to answer so I emailed them on Friday and haven't received a response. I'll need to call them back and be put on hold for as long as it takes I guess.

Thanks for your help folks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shaun R:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AHurt:
I had to get two new lids and bottoms on both webers because paint was off both. I had no problems getting replacements. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Can you share a picture of them? I would like to compare them to mine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I didn't reply sooner.

I just got back in town yesterday, and just read this post. I tell ya what I'll send you an e-mail of the pics of my 26.5 chipped lid and bottom.

Dom, you'll have to call them and just stay on the phone.

The only time I ever received a reply e-mail from any rep at weber is when they were expecting some pics from me, and they either didn't get them, or they needed a better pic.

I'm on first name basis with three or four reps @weber due to the issues I've had with both my 26.5 and WSM and I still can't get a rep to reply to my e-mails. I had e-mailed them when my first problem had occurred, and after a few days of no response, I had to call to talk to someone.

For instance. I ordered some black handles a week or so ago, and they came in damaged. I e-mailed Cindy, Sunday night and never heard a word from them today.. I know they may be busy, but I received three, or four e-mails from them Friday morning. lol

I ended up calling them around 2:00 PM today to get the problem resolved.

I guess I better get some pictures ready so I am prepared when they finally do acknowledge my existence. Obviously they will need a picture of the damaged area but what else? The two letter code on the damper?

They may ask you (may not) for the code on the damper, and for the pics.. That should be all.

If you are able try calling some time in the morning, or before noon eastern time.

The Canadian customer service is not even Weber. It's some outsourced BBQ company that handles several different brands. This is no doubt going to be an unpleasant ordeal as they are already off to a bad start. We'll see what happens.

Oh. That doesn't sound good. I thought you were calling weber in the states. Hopefully the company you're calling will take care of you. Since I'm new to the site and weber products will weber USA not take care of your problem?

Oh. That doesn't sound good. I thought you were calling weber in the states. Hopefully the company you're calling will take care of you. Since I'm new to the site and weber products will weber USA not take care of your problem? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well they have a designated number just for Canadian inquiries so I think I need to go thru them. Called today and the first time I waited 20 minutes and then the lady hung up on me instead of putting me on hold. Called again, waited a half hour only for another lady to tell me you need the serial number. I said I didn't have the serial numbers only the date code. She said I needed to get the serieal number off the actual unit so now I have to go and search for this serial number that I don't think even exists . Not sure why I even bother. They are clearly clueless.

Didn't know there was a serial number on any weber grils. I've looked on both my 26.5 & 22.5 wsm and haven't seen any serial number. Weber did ask me for the code on the damper on my wsm when I called to get a replacement lid & bottom, but didn't ask for any serial number.

Fwiw. I would call Weber USA, and tell them what's going on and your experience dealing with the company in Canada. They should be able to make it right.

Didn't know there was a serial number on any weber grils. I've looked on both my 26.5 & 22.5 wsm and haven't seen any serial number. Weber did ask me for the code on the damper on my wsm when I called to get a replacement lid & bottom, but didn't ask for any serial number.

Fwiw. I would call Weber USA, and tell them what's going on and your experience dealing with the company in Canada. They should be able to make it right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What AHurt said!...

There are no serial #'s on your Weber, Just the Date Code!, (I believe that some Gas Webers have an actual serial #) Obviously whomever you are stuck dealing with @ the Canadian ph# is Ignorant of this FACT, hence, I would not want them handling my claim if it can be avoided...

I agree, Try calling Weber USA, They NEED to know what you are experiencing with their Canadian customer service!...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back