Replaced my Genesis 1000 NG with EP-310, now...

RGose

Although it has served me well most of my adult life, I am remodeling my covered deck and my wife talked me into treating myself to a new grill. I hated to imagine the faithful G1000 rusting away in a landfill, so some twisted moral imperative caused me to put some effort and money into restoring it before selling it. I think I have it priced too high as I've received no bites yet. Anyone think it will bring $150? I'm open to suggestion for pricing, I won't be insulted.

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/app/1719904890.html

87879828.jpg

68517710.jpg

44997991.jpg

49444475.jpg

64141646.jpg

75895607.jpg

Wow - its beautiful. If it were closer, AND if I had a NG hookup on my patio, I'd try to work a deal and see we could work a trade! As it is, my guess is that you won't see a LOT of interest that price range. To be sure, $150 seems reasonable for the product you are offering, but everybody shopping on CL wants to feel like they got a great deal, not that they got something reasonably and fairly priced.

You could try dropping your price by $10 or $15 and re-posting every week until you get to a level of interest.

Just a thought. And oh, yea, if you see a black Explorer with an 'AU Dad" sticker and Alabama plates pull up in front of your house, that would be me!

Pat

It is so clean it looks Photoshopped!

I have my Dad's Genesis B. He probably used it no more than a half dozen times. I tried selling it at about 75% of retail (knowing I'd keep it if it didn't sell...) No bites at that price.

Originally posted by Dave W (Demosthenes9):
Second Pat's comment on the beauty of that grill !!!!

Mind sharing what paint you used on it ?

Rustoleum Ultra (it is satin, not flat):
SPHhuBlkSpL.jpg

I used the regular flat "BBQ Black" a few years back but it looks a bit chalky. The satin black looks far superior on the Genesis.

Did you use Rustoleum for the red, also?

She sure is a beauty...

I need to do mine. It's in good, used shape except for a chip that has now started to rust. Caused by an errant BB...Ask me if I was pissed....

Bob

Originally posted by BobPi:
Did you use Rustoleum for the red, also?

She sure is a beauty...

I need to do mine. It's in good, used shape except for a chip that has now started to rust. Caused by an errant BB...Ask me if I was pissed....

Bob

The Red is the original porcelain, it held up extremely well with just a little rust along the bottom front edge. I bet you were ticked off over the stray BB. I hope you gave the mandatory "your gonna put someone's eye out..." speech to the shooter.

Would have bought it in a heart beat... looking for a 3-burner weber to replace a 3-burner Perfect Flame model that was recalled because the lid, of all things, catches on fire.

I am at work now, but when I get home I will post some pics. What I did was cut the retainers off with a dremel. Then scrubbed with clr. And a toothbrush, then on a flat surface sanded with 220, then 320, then 600 sand paper, then painted with 1200 degree paint, then with a blue paper towel and reducer removed the paint from the top. Then cured the paint. Really looks good, bettrt than new - think...

Originally posted by WesMus:
RGose, that is an awesome resto!! How did you clean up the Weber nameplate?

Sorry for the delay in responding. The nameplate I removed, stripped, painted with the Rustoleum mentioned above and flat sanded the plate using progressively finer grits to reveal the embossing. I reattached it with new retainers.

Back