Repair/Repaint Rust spots in cabinet

Brandon B.

TVWBB Member
My Weber Genesis has been in storage for almost 2 yrs and I finally got it hooked up yesterday. It is in dire need of a thorough cleaning, but I also noticed all the drainage holes inside the cabinet have rusted. The inside of the cabinet is a light gray color. Most BBQ paint I find is black. Does anyone know of a BBQ paint that matches the light gray Weber finish?

thx

Brandon, check your auto parts store for some high temperature brake caliper or engine block paint. If you're paining the inside of the cabinet, is the color match terribly important?

Pat

I remember seeing a white and a beige HH at Home Depot (they were out of black bbq paint of all things). RustOleum does make a silver in HH I don't know if it would be close enough.

Silver would be better than black. I know no one will see it, but I'd like it to look as nice as possible. Especially if I'm going through the effort to fix it up!

How can you carry BBQ paint and be out of black? I thought that's all there was!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brandon B.:
My Weber Genesis has been in storage for almost 2 yrs and I finally got it hooked up yesterday. It is in dire need of a thorough cleaning, but I also noticed all the drainage holes inside the cabinet have rusted. The inside of the cabinet is a light gray color. Most BBQ paint I find is black. Does anyone know of a BBQ paint that matches the light gray Weber finish?

thx </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You said that was inside the cabinet right? You wont need hi-heat paint there since your below the cookbox...but it does sound like corrision is a problem so I would match up something in Rustoleum. Rustoleum is rated for 250 degrees if Im not mistaken, which woud be more then enough. Im sure youll find a gray thats pretty close!

Back