Repainting Performer Metal folding table

Tom Reed

TVWBB Member
Hi, I recently acquired a 2016 performer with the folding metal table. The table has a large patch of rust that the previous owners tried to paint over with little success. My current plan is to use rustoleum hammered finish with a clear enamel over the top. Wondering if anybody here has had to repaint their metal table and how you did it. Or if there are any more creative suggestions of what to do.

Honestly, if its a grill you really want to keep, I'd have it powder coated. Spray can finish is okay, but it has it's limitations. Another choice would be an automotive finish from a body shop. Those coatings are designed to last in an outdoor environment.

Honestly, if its a grill you really want to keep, I'd have it powder coated. Spray can finish is okay, but it has it's limitations. Another choice would be an automotive finish from a body shop. Those coatings are designed to last in an outdoor environment.
Thanks, I am planning on keeping it short term while I wait for the right deal on a full size Gen 3 performer to come up. Mostly I want the plastic table since I know it won’t rust and I like the height of Gen 2+ performers. This one does have the p vents though, which is a nice perk.

Thanks, I am planning on keeping it short term while I wait for the right deal on a full size Gen 3 performer to come up. Mostly I want the plastic table since I know it won’t rust and I like the height of Gen 2+ performers. This one does have the p vents though, which is a nice perk.
Short-term, just rattle can it then. It wont have abrasion resistance, but will look good enough.

Mine rusted where the two surfaces mated on the fold. No rust on top so I wired brushed and sanded.
Wiped with alcohol and two coats of Rustoleum.
I think moisture gets trapped in there and just eats at the finish.

I used rustoleum professional enamel in spray cans on the inside of my 14' aluminum boat and it has held up for the past 5 years. Stored outside with no cover during the summer

I was gonna contact Weber and see if it was under warranty. I think the plastic tables had a 10 yr warranty but the metal ones just 2 yrs?
I gave that one to my Son after I bought a new Performer.

Back