Removing Genesis Silver End Caps?

Samuel

TVWBB Wizard
How do you remove the End Caps on a Genesis Silver?
I am referring to end caps that are on the side of the left thermoset table and the right burner.
I saw they had two bolts which I removed but when I go to pull it out it will not budge.
Am I missing something. I can not get either side to come off.

Free Silver C pic_1.jpgFree Silver C pic_2.jpg

Last edited:
Uhh, good luck. I think Bruce has the "handle" on that. But I guess they break more than anything

Well, look under the frame where the handle slides in. If you see a slit in the frame, you will want to stick a screw driver in there to push up the lock tab before you try getting the handle out. The bolts that you already found are the other thing.
After that, you can try to get them out simply by pounding them out. But, they are plastic and will break if you get too aggressive. Treating them with some penetrating oil will help quite a bit but even then, they can be very stubborn to impossible.
On most frames, you can insert a rod such as a broom handle in the other end of the frame tube and pound them out that way. That is probably the safest way. Otherwise you can use a wooden shim or metal shim to try to pound them out from the outside. That is how I usually start. If that isn't working, I switch to the previous method with the broom handle or other wooden rod. Give the penatrating oil a day or two to sink in. It is rust that is causing the binding inside the metal frame and it takes time for that to soften up with the penetrating oil.
That being said, I have come across more than one that I never did get out.

Back