Remove scratches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let us know if that works, Michael.

I just noticed the other day that my performer lid is not looking very good. It's not that it's scratched (though there's that too) but mostly there is just areas where the finish is dulling.

Anybody have any suggestions for something like that?

The fine steel wool definitely will liven up a dull finish. I've used it on my red performer and on a couple of standard black grills as well as my WSM. The dulling seems to be mostly just dirt and grime, although I know that the finish on some of the Weber grills oxidize over time - hence the 30 year old kettle that now looks gray.

As far as the scratches, like George, I doubt the steel will will knock them out, but it could lessen the noticeability of the scratches. If they really bother you, use some plastic garbage bags or news paper to mask out the non-affected areas and then hit the scratches with a few coats of grill and stove paint.

Pat

I look at my grills like they're pick-up trucks... they're gonna take a beatin' . . . and minor scratches and dents add character to the looks.
icon_biggrin.gif

almost kinda like i look...
icon_razz.gif

Yeah...I just kinda feel bad cause I put a few fine scratches on a close to perfect 40 year old 26-inch kettle. But they're not that bad...I'm not losing sleep over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back