Reheating time for Brisket Needed today

Doug Walker

TVWBB Member
I am looking for a voice of experience.I have three whole 11 lb biskets that have been smoked and froze in foil and freezer bags for storage. I put them in the fridge last night to thaw and will need to heat them up today for serving. The plan to add a little Apple Juice and heat in the oven at 200 until the are readdy to slice. Now for my question:

1) Am I slicing at 165, 170 or shouldI be shooting for another target?

2) How long should I expect for these briskets to heat? They are each about 11lbs.

3) Any other tips that I just don't know I should be asking?

Thanks in adveance for your input.

You don't want to heat the brisket up more than is needed to serve it i would say 140. The higher you heat it the more chance of it drying out. Time is going to depend on how frozen they still are. No idea but i would guess about 2 hrs. DUNNO

Bryan,
Thank you for your response. I can use all the help I can get.

They ae still pretty frozen. I just put them on at 215 and will cook to 140 then.(I put in 1 oz. of Aplle Juice and wrapped them good in foil. About how long will they hold after they reach 140?

What i would do is heat to 145 and turn off the oven and let them sit in there. Yes they will go above 145 but that's a good thing if you need to hold them. Keep an eye on them and if they start dropping just turn the oven back on for a few min. At 140 and below you get into the danger zone of food nasties. I thought you were just going to heat and serve. HTH

Most food safety specs state food holding temps are 140 degrees minimum for already hot meat and 165 degrees within 2 hours to reheat meat.

Back