Reheating Ribs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wade G

TVWBB Fan
I made some good ribs on Saturday. Some Spares and BB's left over. They have been chilling in foil in the fridge since then.

Thinking of finishing them off for dinner tonight.

Any good tips on reheating them? Perhaps wrap them in foil and put them in the oven for while?

thanks

Wrap them in foil and put them in a warm oven for a while they will be good to go. Personally my ribs never make it long enough to hit the fridge...Im kinda addicted....

You might want to provide a little additional moisture to them for reheating. I sometimes spray on apple juice or just sprinkle some water. As an aside, I vacuum sealed some cooked spares a few months ago and then reheated in boiling water. They were excellent - so, ribs do freeze if you ever want to.

Paul

Yep, vacuum sealed before freezing then reheated in water works well. I bring the bag to a boil then reduce heat to low so they don't "cook" but rather just get heated.

If not bagged plain refrigerated leftover ribs microwave fairly well if wrapped in wax paper first. Nuke 45 seconds than allow to sit for a minute, then nuke a tad more if needed.

I smoked a lot of ribs Saturday (BRITU). They were quite a hit. After reheating on Sunday they seemed to have a "hammy" quality. Is this common?

Rubs with a high salt content, such as the BRITU rub, can have that effect if you overdo it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back