Reheating Pork Butt

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

This weekend I will be pulling some butts off of the WSM about 12 hours before the dinner bell rings. I plan on wrapping them in foil after I pull them off at 185 degF. What's the best way to reheat the butts prior to serving them 12 hours later? I want to make sure that they don't dry out. Should I add some apple juice or cider when reheating?

Hi Mike,
I've not tried this myself, but I have been told that in a situation like this that one can put the butts back on the WSM at low heat (unfoiled)
and bring them up to serving temp without too much risk of drying them out. This should also serve to restore that nice, crisp bark.
Jim

Hi Mike.

Last time I foiled the butt for the last 2 hours of cooking and put it in the oven. It gave me a nice juice that I put a side. the next day I poor the juice on the meat and reheat it in the microwave...it taste great!

I smoked a shoulder for 12 hours on the 3rd last week and served it 24 hours later in a crockpot. Worked well!

Most folks on this board mix in some apple juice and reheat in the oven. I couldn't tell you how much juice or the temp of the oven. I think the time is 1 hr but, I could be wrong about that.

I've not read anything about using cider.
----------------------
Mark WAR EAGLE!!

I smoked two boston butts on 6/29 then sealed them in foodsaver bags and refrigerated them. Drove to Maine on Monday and served them on Wednesday by putting the bags in simmering water for an hour. Then just pulledt hem like they had come out of the smoker. I did lose the crisp bark though. Got rave reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back