Reheating fully cooked ribs

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

On Monday I smoked my first brisket and since I had an empty rack in the WSM, I filled it with ribs.

The ribs are fully cooked (almost fell apart when I took them off) and they are in the frig in vac-loc bags.

What's the best way yo reheat them?

I was thinking of firing up the Weber Kettle and grilling them a bit, but they are very cooked already and I don't want them to burn.

Thanks,

Mary Lynn

BTW the brisket was great! We ate part of it Monday, sandwiches Tuesday and the rest is in the freezer in vacloc bags.

MLS
Wrap in plastic wrap add a little liquid (chicken broth is good) and reheat in the oven at 250? or less until warm. In the future the ribs you want to save for another meal cook to about 80% done. Then you can rehaet on the grill and they will finish cooking as they heat up.
PS: Yes plastic wrap is good to about 260?.
Jim

Me again. Instead of plastic wrap could I leave them in the vac loc bags and put the oven on about 200? I know you can boil and microwave in these bags.

'Afternoon MaryLynn:
Following is my method that has always gotten results that not only relieved me of all leftovers but usually earned me another round of kudos from my guests for a delicious smoked meal! I merely leave the ribs in their FoodSaver bags into which I cut a small ( a few inches) slit then microwave the bag at a very low temp rating (6-7 or defrost) for only a handful of minutes (generally less than 5) depending on the volume of meat. I then allow the ribs to sit in their bag for up to 5 more minutes before serving. This is very similar to the directions for re-heating frozen products (vegetables, etc.) sold in vac-pac bags but (as I learned from my first venture) this method only works using a low microwave temp for an appropriately short amount of time.
…John

MLS
Regular plastic wrap works up to 260?.
Vac u loc bags are expensive so I've used then to boil in but the oven may cause a problem for reuse.
Microwave works also as John suggested.
Your ribs were very done so the addition of liquid is going to help in the heat up.
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back