Refurbishing a Genesis Gold C

WesIgnacio

My old kenmore gas grill is on its 6th year and is on its last legs. I wanted to get a quality grill that would last and i did not mind creating a project out of it ( Work from home perks )

Enter the genesis grills. I got 2 Gold C's .. one i got for free and the other one i got for 20 bucks. Ironically, the free one turned out to be in way better condition than the one i paid for. But the plan is to mix and match parts and refurbish it and keep the rest for parts. It took me a few days, made a few mistakes ( shouldnt have dremeled that screw that holds the burner ! ) but i think i got the job done and i think i will be hunting for an earlier model next time around.

Looking forward to getting a smoker box and learning the intricacies of this grill. Nothing you guys dont know already but the quality of these grills are top notch !

On to the pics.. 1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpgAfter.jpgBefore.jpg

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 24
That is a great situation by having two basically identical grills to mix and match for parts on a rehab.
Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes.

That is a great situation by having two basically identical grills to mix and match for parts on a rehab.
Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes.
Thanks Bruce , i think i am about 98% complete now. I got the ignitors to run , sanded and painted the frame and the sides of the firebox and grease pan . I had extra caster wheels so replaced the smaller ones. I also rehabbed the grates and flavorizers ( oven cleaner and manually chiselled some of the stuck particles out ) , burners (wire brush and sandpaper) . I also cleaned out the interior of the firebox by using oven cleaner. Not as clean as using a grinder , but its good enough for me.

I also bought a warmer grill , drip pan holder , thermometer and the propane cover.

Back