Refreshed Genesis 3000 - Thanks to community for help

Oak (visable grain) or Maple (no visable grain two shown)

• Maple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Either

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MMaetzold

Here's some pics for June Craigslist Find in Shell Lake WI for $10. Been using a Silver A since 2002 (NG).

Cleaned and painted Box/Ends, Welded up an Apron that was rusted through, Igniter Fun, and all the other details and parts involved with reassembly. I actually started with Three Genesis Boxes that were sandblasted, this is the first one done, and we are keeping it, my wife is excited about three burners and a range burner. Also might redo the Cedar, didn't have enough of the Grey plastiwood to do whole thing. New Burners, and reused flavor bars.

Handle - I made a Maple and Oak handle, I took a picture of both, I like the Maple but heard it may not hold up in Sun/weather as well as Oak. See Pics, and I tried a Poll below too if it works let's get your opinion.

I have a partially completed Black Top 1000 along the side of house amongst the Tomatoes too - ETA undetermined.

Still to be done: Front wheel needs to be rotated, as it's my production unit, it can wait. I am also missing the Grate, and the Silver A is missing Flavor Bars thanks to logistics involved with a family cabin where I setup production and forgot these items last weekend......Finally, I have to find some plastic fastener units for the main burner metal frame to horizontal bar, my hardware store license plate pieces aren't working.

I could use some help with sourcing a Natural Gas Manifold for the Redtop Genesis, will use both units for a time until I find one. Have read something about drilling a bigger hole, but not sure if I want that liabilty.

Thanks to all for help with this build, I am bringing Duluth Lift Bridge Beer to 2021 event for belated gratitude http://liftbridgebrewery.com/beer/hop-dish-ipa/
- I think Bruce is still looking for some participants to fill the map.

The red porcelain had a rust spot just below the emblem, and thought not fixable. I used some Brake Caliper Paint (same as that used for red on emblem) and I think it's pretty tough to see it. I have a spare Green and Copper top currently too if it degrades.

Wife told me my ceiling is 10 of these donors. Currently sitting on three LX series and I think three Silver A's, already gave two to friends as long as they brought beer to clean up.....Life is good.

I was reading a posting from Rich Dahl about labels - looking forward to trying this in the future to really make these authentic!

Attachments

• IMG_7457.jpg
    IMG_7457.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_7456.jpg
    IMG_7456.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7455.jpg
    IMG_7455.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_7467.jpg
    IMG_7467.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_7466.jpg
    IMG_7466.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_7461.jpg
    IMG_7461.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_7460.jpg
    IMG_7460.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_7459.jpg
    IMG_7459.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 46
Hey, If you are serious about attending the 2021 Midwest Gas Grill Meet, please private message me with your RSVP and include your city.

I might be able to help you out with the NG manifold as well. Do you get down south by the Dells very often?

Oh, for that side burner lid, use some small bolts with nylon nuts instead of plastic fasteners.

Thanks guys. Bruce, I will try that, it's for the cover for the knobs, I can't find the original fasterners, but I bet a bolt/nut would work to keep it tight against frame, right now it's a little floppy.

Are you talking about the control panel? I am not sure what "cover for the knobs" you are talking about.

Yes. Control panel. There’s three cut outs on side seems like a plastic insert with a screw to tighten. I think it was #50 on a parts diagram.

The grills used different fasteners depending on the year, I think. Some used white plastic inserts in the grill frame and then a screw. Some just used plastic auto trim fasteners. Some use a black insert and then screw. I might be able to tell if you show me a photo of the end of your control panel and one of the frame part that it fastens to. But that would entail removing the side burner.

Back