Rectangular CI Grate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Zarecky

TVWBB Pro
I have an older 22-1/2 grate that has a rectangular cut-out for a cast iron grate. I'm trying to find out which Weber grate would fit it?
MikeZ

I saw one of those at a hardware store once. I regret not buying it - it was only about $40 on clearance. I went back for it later but it was gone.

I am pretty sure that the square cast iron insert was a standard cast iron insert from a Weber gas grill. I'd look at the Genesis replacements.

I wonder if you can take any rectangular CI grate that will fit and just set it on top of the factory grate?

DSC_3842-PP.JPG

This one's just about perfect. It has a little taper that even allows the hinged parts of the original grate to open enough to add some coals.

Thanks for the comments. I finally figured out what I need. The grate size that fits into the opening is 18 x 11-3/4. A grate from a Genesis 1000 looks like it will fit. Now comes the hard part, finding a single grate!
MikeZ

There is a guy on eBay that sells stainless stell replacement grills. You may be able ot buy just one. Make sure your measurements are correct.
You could always buy the cast iron set and sell only one. There has to be a memeber here that has one of those grills that needs replacing..

Here is a website tha sells the Cast Iron replacement grills.
Weber Grill Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back