Recommendation for Country Club Grill

Gene_N

TVWBB Fan
Hello,

My private pool club is in the market for a country club grill for cookouts and other special events. It does not appear that Weber makes such a beast. A Google search brings up BigJohnGrills and Holstein Mfg. Basic requirements are LPG fuel, on wheels/casters and can cook a lot of burgers very quickly. Hood optional.

I appreciate any insight, words of wisdom or other suggestions. I suggested buying two Genesis E-330s but the mid-size BigJohn A4CC throws double the BTU/in2 than the E-330. You can't beat that with a stick...

Thanks, :)

I've owned a plain jane Big John, only charcoal, no rotis, no cover... worked well for parties...
If i did it all over again, i'd go with the WEBER RANCHER.
Quality and room to grill.

The summit 670 is HUGE! It will have more versitility than either of those grills above, when you feel the need to break out from just burgers. Also agree with the Ranch Kettle.

-rog

Weber did make a flat top grill similar to the BJG. I think it was for the Australia market? Aneyhew I've seen them pop up ever so often on CL and a few times on this board.
I would guess those go through a 20lb tank pretty quick?

Tim

I've used a BJG and can recommend them. Our car club has one that sees occasional heavy use and has lasted 6-7 years with minimal upkeep. It's definitely not a Weber, but neither is the price. I doubt the BTU comparison vs. a Summit or Genesis is very accurate because I can't see the BJG getting up to 600 degrees, but you are getting a tremendous amount of surface area for the money. I'd suggest stocking up on gas bottles, not that it's necessarily a gas hog but because it uses one on each end.

Back