Recommend A Good Toaster

We decided to splurge and bought a Cuisinart "Convection Oven Toaster Broiler." Can't give you the model number, but it's got digital temp settings for the oven functions.

First, it makes great toast, and adjusts its toast cycle for how many slices of bread and whether it's frozen or not, and how hot the oven is to start!

The convection oven works very nicely, and has made the idea of a counter top oven practical. We use it almost every day to heat kid's snacks, bake a small batch of cookies, make toast, etc. A very high quality kitchen gadget.

Jeff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Don Irish:
Tim....

>$900 for a TOASTER?!?!? A freeking TOASTER?!?!?

Reminds me of an old Robin Williams joke about cocaine..."it is gods way of saying you make too much money".... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I know, it seems like an insane price for a toaster. And to really blow your mind I had to install a 220v outlet for it also lol. But after fighting 3 different consumer grade toasters, one of which caught fire, I had had enough. I went through the same thing with stand mixers, failing 2 of the much touted Kitchen Aid flavor before throwing gobs more money at Hobart for a N50 commercial that handles everything I throw at it without a whimper. I guess I got to a point where I would rather cry a little paying for something and then not have to worry about it for the rest of my life. I really REALLY hate it when tools fail.

And besides...I do love my toast
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim Jensen:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Don Irish:
Tim....

>$900 for a TOASTER?!?!? A freeking TOASTER?!?!?

Reminds me of an old Robin Williams joke about cocaine..."it is gods way of saying you make too much money".... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I know, it seems like an insane price for a toaster. And to really blow your mind I had to install a 220v outlet for it also lol. But after fighting 3 different consumer grade toasters, one of which caught fire, I had had enough. I went through the same thing with stand mixers, failing 2 of the much touted Kitchen Aid flavor before throwing gobs more money at Hobart for a N50 commercial that handles everything I throw at it without a whimper. I guess I got to a point where I would rather cry a little paying for something and then not have to worry about it for the rest of my life. I really REALLY hate it when tools fail.

And besides...I do love my toast
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll break even after your 400th fully toasted loaf of bread, no problem. LOL

Back