Recipe Organization Software

Rita,

Please don't take this personally....

Both the CD and download version were troublesome. Why? I don't know.
icon_confused.gif
After messing with it for two days (including going to the sight you refer to), I was done.......
icon_mad.gif
Valuesoft did not baulk at giving me my money back. Living Cookbook worked without any problems. Go figure.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Gary

Of course not, Gary. No problem at all.

I'm glad that you got a refund (hard to do sometimes these days) and found something that would work for you.

Of course you could have junked your 'malfunctioning' computer and saved the MasterCook program. <just kidding!>
icon_smile.gif

Rita

Originally posted by Rita Y:

Of course you could have junked your 'malfunctioning' computer and saved the MasterCook program. <just kidding!>
icon_smile.gif

Rita

Don't think for a second that I didn't think that..... I was hedging my bets on the value of one over the other. I have a laptop that I might give it another try with. We shall see.

Gary

Are the problems mentioned by some a result of running Vista as an operating system or is it just hit a miss? I'm still running XP and am holding off on upgrading (if you can call it that) untill absolutely necessary

Chris, MasterCook runs well on XP. It was not designed to run on Vista but it does. If you upgrade to Vista, you can go to the help site mentioned above. They have good instructions and many people are currently using MC on Vista.

Rita

Originally posted by Chris Derum:
Are the problems mentioned by some a result of running Vista as an operating system or is it just hit a miss? I'm still running XP and am holding off on upgrading (if you can call it that) untill absolutely necessary
As Rita said, MC runs great on XP. I use 8.0 on XP Pro. I myself refuse to upgrade to Vista. I will hold out as long as possible. When I finally have to upgrade, it will be to a MAC.
icon_wink.gif

Microsoft One Note is great for stuff like this.

If you want something simple to easily copy recipes from the Internet in something pretty close to their original format, and you want to organize them in different "books", One Note is great for that.

Download the free demo and try it out.

Really simple, yet powerful.

It's widely rated as perhaps the most exceptionally great (I.E. missing any usual MS quirks) piece of software that MS has ever developed.

I use it on a PC notebook/tablet, and can read the recipes directly in my kitchen like a book.

Back