Recent Butts Smoke

The order of the pictures by my puter are not in order. Was trying to get the cuts of the meat in order on how they came out. Starting to plan on this weekends smoke and will hopefully post them a little sooner.
The Pork butts came in a 7 1/2 lbs each. $1.32 a lb. Total cook time was like 11 hours with 2 hours rest time. My Cooking temp was at 250 with one full box of wood chips. I use a hickory blended mix of 5 different types of wood. My supplier gets me a 40lb bag for $12.00. My next smoke I hope to show a few more of the steps.

Gary,

Can't help with the photos, but the meat looks great!!

Two questions:

1. Does Elk Twp equate to Elk Rapids and Elk Lake? My folks had a home on Elk Lake for a number of years. Beautiful area.

2. What's that smoker you're using? Got a WSM on order?
wsmsmile8gm.gif

OK, make it three question. I just couldn't resist the plug.
icon_wink.gif

JimT

Elk Twp is up in the thumb North of Port Huron and West of Lexington. Actually I am from a small village called Peck. It was formerly known as Elk Corners even though there was never Elk here.
The Smoker I am useing is Great Outdoors Smokey Mountain Big Block. It is Propane fired, has 4 racks, cast iron smoker box, with a pull out drip pan in the bottom. I purchased this item from Gander Mountain. I had a smaller version but I like this one better.
As for WSM, No I don't have one on order. I came to this forum after reading about it in about.com. My wife feels I have to many toys now lol.
I just order the NU 701 and the extra terminals as xmas present from my kids. That will be the newest item I will be adding my arsenal.

Back