Real Texas BBQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crstacey

I am going to be in Arlington Texas next week. Figured while I was there I would try some real Texas BBQ... I especially would like to try Brisket. Just wondering if anybody knows some BBQ Joints that has great food?

I'd suggest Sonny Bryan's. Make it a point to go to the original as there are multiple new locations all over. The original is tiny and you eat at old fashioned school desks. Go early for lunch as they simply close up when the day's meat supply is exhausted.

Here's a link: Sonny Bryan's

Definitely try Sonny Bryan's. For non-bbq: If you like Indian try Haveli in Irving. The grilled goat is great and don't miss the vegetable samosas. A review.

Try these:

North Main BBQ in Euless 406 N. Main St.
Euless , TX 76039 - only open Fri - Sun -

Angelo’s in Ft Worth -- Angelo's

Railhead Smokehouse
2900 Montgomery St.
Fort Worth, TX 76107
817-738-9808

Peggy Sue BBQ
Snider Plaza 6600 Snider Plz.
Dallas, TX 214-987-9188

I agree with Kevin - go the Original Sonny Bryan's!!

Thanks for the info guys!Sonny Bryan's does look good. I have never had brisket before, so I'll definately get that. What about "Dickey's" are they any good?

For a chain Dickey's is not bad at all. I've had good food at the few different ones I've been to. Their sides can be better than many place's; they have a good selection of beans (try the jalapeno beans), along with the usual cole slaw, etc. Worth checking out if you've never been.

I would have to second the recommendation for the Railhead...there's a second location on Hwy 121 in Colleyville. It might be closed to you than the Ft Worth location, just depends what part of Arlington you will be at.
If you go be sure to try their chopped beef sandwich...it's the best I've ever had. They chop brisket and cook it with an awesome sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back