raw, already sliced up ribs - results would be bad ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Good morning all /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I have a good question here.

Last week, while at Costco, I found some "country style" ribs, country style was marked on the actual packaging, and they looked more like the ribs that I see in the images from all of you south of the Canadian border... ribs are much longer, and meatier than the ones we get up here.

I was excited to see this nice looking rib, but to my dismay, they have already been sliced up.

My question is this, how would these turn out in the WSM.... I"m guessing the meat would just dry out as each piece would be getting heat from all sides, and I would not get good results.

I've love to hear from anyone who knows about this, ie, from experience, or whatnot.

Thanks much in advance,
Mark.

Country style "ribs" are not actually ribs at all, but are sliced up pork butt. Can be pretty tasty, though, and an inexpensive BBQ meat alternative when cooking for a large group. Just do them low and slow like any other pork.

Hi Doug,

Geez.... hmm, maybe the wording in Canada is different when it comes to those ribs, the ones I saw had ribs in them, I"m 200% sure of it, I saw ribs. Hmm, geez, anyway thanks for the info.

Mark.

Being pork butt, they are not boneless. Are you saying you saw round, marrow-filled bone tips sticking out of each piece?

Yup, the ribs had a bone running from end to end, they looked like the ribs I see that are cooked in the WSM that people have cut up.

Anyway I guess they are ribs, but I guess the cooking time would be greatly reduced eh, what do you think ? about 1/2 the time in the smoker ?

Mark

Cook at 225-235 for a couple hours, foil 'em (all together) for a couple, check for doneness, and then unfoil and sauce for a final 30 minutes or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back