Ranch Kettle For A Pretty Good Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark Deutscher

TVWBB All-Star
I picked up a Ranch Kettle of Craigs List today. Had to promise that this is the last addition to the family but I think it was worth it. Paid $400. Apparently it was used once. Looks that way as well, needs a little cleaning as it was kept in the rain, absolutely no damage though!

StrikeforceMiami206.jpg

StrikeforceMiami205.jpg

StrikeforceMiami218.jpg

StrikeforceMiami220.jpg

StrikeforceMiami210.jpg

StrikeforceMiami217.jpg

StrikeforceMiami222.jpg

Clark

Nice rig Clark, and great price!

I read somewhere that a Ranch K owner sometimes uses a 22.5 cook grate for the charcoal grate to give more space between coals & food.
Guess this would change direct/indirect zones from outside to inside.
I'm holding on to an old 22.5 grate in case I ever want to try this on my RK.

Nice score Clark. But I read somewhere that RK are not legal in Canada. You better send it down here for safe keeping
icon_biggrin.gif

Probably true J, I'll drive down and hand deliver it too you so I know it's safe!

Bob - that's a really interesting idea. I'll have to give it a try one of these days. I guess it would work well to get a nice sear. Mostly I have only used the Ranch (albeit not mine as I haven't used it at all yet) for a couple of catering jobs we did last year. The thing can cook a lot of food. All the cooks were for over 150 people and it pulled it off. I'm looking forward to christening it this week, haven't decided what the first cook will be though,

Millsy - That's because it's my smart dog. My less intelligent one just ignored, the nerve....

Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back