Ran the "Over & Under" play again - TD !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve M.

TVWBB Fan
First, I cannot convey the awe and appreciation that I have for the talent and knowledge that is assembled and openly shared through this forum. If it were a fee based service, it would be cheap at any price.

Monday evening I cooked for a meeting I hosted on Tuesday. I cooked the "over & under" special with utopian results. This was two 8 lb. rubbed butts over the top of an 8 lb. wet rubbed brisket.

I put the butts on at 3pm (along with a pan of Kevin's baked beans). At 6pm, took the beans out, put the brisket on. Took the meat out at 6am when the butts hit 188. Wrapped all in foil, into a heavy foam cooler, and off to the office.

Well, to say the least everyone was stunned. First, they didn't know I could cook. Second, they didn't know pulled pork and brisket could be that good.

I've only cooked brisket twice, both times as "over and under" and the results were fantastic. I've never really been exposed to smoked brisket, as the deep South is primarily pork only. But, I have developed a real appreciation for it, at least cooked WSM style.

You guys are the best. I love you man.....!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If it were a fee based service, it would be cheap at any price. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Don't go giving Chris any ideas here. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

I've done that over/under cook a couple of times. Just recently did it for the Super Bowl. Meat came off 2 hours before the game. The people that came were blown away.

I learned almost everything I know (about bbq), at least the best stuff, from this site. There's a wealth of knowledge here, keep reading and you'll cook like a champ all the time.

Sounds awesome Steve, might have to try that recipe for the housewarming!

And Steve.....Your not getting my bud light /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back