Rack or Roll?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

With a bit of research I decided to get a WSM. UPS dropped it off, (along with a thermometer, charcoal chimney, and rib racks) and I put it together last night. With the wealth of information available on this site, I am sure that my first cook will turn out great so I invited family over to partake in the homemade BBQ. I read that 8 racks of ribs will fit on the WSM rolled up. I am wondering if there would be any pros or cons to using rib racks?

Thanks, Tim

The only things bad I've heard about rolling 'em is it's harder to wrap 'em in foil (if you do that), little more difficult saucing 'em (if you do that) and the presentation isn't quite as nice as a slab (if you do that, LOL). If you cut 'em into individual bones before serving there's no problem with the presentation.

If I had the racks and the slabs weren't too long for the WSM, I'd use the racks. But it's all personal preference.

TimM
The only downfall I have seen with rib racks is cleaning them. If you roll them there's nothing extra to clean and being that I'm lazy that's a good thing.

rj

Tim,

I'll also put in my vote for rolling. I have fit 10 racks of ribs in one cook and I would be surprised if you could do that with a rack. To be sure, they do not present as pretty, but they never last long enough for anyone to notice!
Be sure to try the BRITU!
Welcome to the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back