Qulimetal grates and griddle for new Genesis 300. (upgrade)??

Since I only have room for one mid to large grill, this S 325s got picked because of the price, I just couldn't turn it down.

Now, if I would have hade to give the $1199.00 to $1299.00 there selling for around here, I probably would have bought the Napoleon Prestige 500 for $1399.00. It comes with the dedicated smoker box, the side IR sear burner, rotisserie with dedicated IR rear burner, as well as a lifetime warranty with some items 15 year. Either way at nearly 70 years old, mostly cooking for 2, probably outlast me.

My big question on your Summit not working, why not? Did it have the rear dedicated rotisserie burner? I'm not as familiar with the Summits or any of the Webers like most here. But I have to think if setup like the Prestige 500 comes, how could you find better? Help me understand here, I'm here to learn.
Look at Jon's posts about his beautiful 1st generation Summit 450. He posts a lot of photos of it (he is proud of it as well he should be). That grill was mine. I was the original owner. The 1st gen was not available with rotisserie burner. Weber saw the error of that and began offering it in the 2nd gen and beyond
I used to roast chicken on it and or other roasts by doing the opposite of the old Genesis. I oriented the roast front to back rather than side to side and simply put it on the grates or elevated over a pan with vegg in it or something of that nature. It worked when I did not feel like skewering something for the Genesis

OK Larry, I see now, was trying to understand how you could get a better setup than the new Summits for roto cooks, or that New Napoleon Prestige, they have come a long way baby.

But I agree, he definitely put the work in it and it was well worth it.

Last edited:
Photos of Napoleon or it's fake :D So, that grill top griddle. The grease is left to run down that hole into the grill itself? Messy? (for the grill). Nice lake place BTW
Well I finally got a nice enough week to get that Rogue XT together and working. I like my Genesis better, much tougher built! But the 425 XT Rogue is no slouch, so here you Larry, I got you some pictures, and my thoughts on that Napoleon.

For the deck at the Lake it's a great fit. I prefer the Genesis size and sturdier build for the deck at home. It fits perfect and cooked great after initial burn off, which easily in 33* Temps hit 680*. Seasoning the smoker box I added at the same time.
1000001171.jpg1000001170.jpg
1000001174.jpg

I has some concerns about the IR sear zone side burner when I was assembling the grill. The 425 uses a smaller 9000 but IR burner, and the grate isn't adjustable. But it's first cook was grilled asparagus, red potatoes and reverse seared ribeye.
1000001177.jpg
1000001178.jpg1000001179.jpg

The Weber "grill n go" light fit perfect, and made my first meal pretty easy on the deck after dark, and pretty much nailed it! I like the fact that I don't need to heat the grill up to sear the steak. I am going to run a griddle on 1/2 the box giving me plenty of grill space for me and the wife, and excellent sear using that side burner.

This worked out to be the perfect choice for the Lake. The 15 year bumper to bumper warranty is a bonus. But I won't be replacing the Genesis S 325s at home, pretty happy with both for different reasons. They both made going to gassers for easier grilling better than I was expecting, as well as less mess, time and effort.

Looks like a good job. If I wanted to buy one I would buy the slightly more upscale one with the rotisserie burner/set. IIRC it comes with the IR sear burner but IMO rotisserie is more important than searing burner. Since quite honestly I get by just fine without it.

Did the Napoleon protest much about the Weber light?
Just my opinion, but I think Weber accessories are better upgrades than Napoleon acc. After looking into griddle inserts, I liked the Grisun made for the 300 Spirit better than the OEM Napoleon griddle. The light was a perfect fit, I just took one of the foam pads from the 8 they come with. The griddle was a little more work, not deep enough and wider but some alteration made it fit flush so the grates work, and the griddle sets in the tub perfect now, allowing both grill grate and griddle use at demand.

Both the aftermarket Griddle for a Weber and the Weber grill n go light, were better upgrades to the Rogue than Napoleon offered in my opinion. The Napoleon is a very nice grill, but I think the Weber is a tad better for the same money. I just wanted the IR side burner instead of an internal searing station for where I use this grill, and the room I have for it.

The light is in use as I had to try my griddle efforts after fabricating it to fit the Napoleon Rogue xt 425 from the Spirit 300 series which is shallower, but wider, so I recessed it to allow the grates to slightly over lap it.. Griddle Layout II.jpgJigged up ready for weld.jpgGrison installed I.jpgGrison Installed II.jpg

Last edited:

Back