Q300: can I replace the regulator?

PNestor

I have a one year old Q300 gas grill that I purchased in Europe when living there. Recently moved to to Panama and need a different gas regulator to accommodate the gas bottle types available here. The difference, best described in layman's terms, as from a regulator that sits on top of the gas bottle connector to one that connects at the side of the bottle connector.
My question is if it is possible to change out the regulator to be able to connect to local gas bottle types and is it possible to buy such a replacement regulator?

this is the problem with weber and all the differant types of equipment and when folks travel. best would have been to sell that one at home and get another one at the country you are living in. no idea what you have and what is there. would need a ton of pics to tell.

this is the problem with weber and all the differant types of equipment and when folks travel. best would have been to sell that one at home and get another one at the country you are living in. no idea what you have and what is there. would need a ton of pics to tell.

Don't blame Weber for all the weird stuff from one country to the next. It ain't there fault other countries have all that "weird stuff" ;-)

well, i do blame weber. they make it impossible for folks to adapt their grills. but if you read this then you will see that i suggested an alternative path.
webers are not cheap. so for many that move and such this can be expensive. if you move regularly then this is why maybe folks should just forgo weber products.

Don't blame Weber for all the weird stuff from one country to the next. It ain't there fault other countries have all that "weird stuff" ;-)

You can blame them all you want but if people were not so stupid and law suit happy perhaps it would be different. Do you blame GM because the car you brought from UK has the steering on the wrong side? Given your theory I guess you would. You can buy nearly the exact GM/Ford/Chrysler vehicle in Europe as the USA. Mostly would be hard pressed to see any difference but the parts won't interchange and the USA version won't meet spec of the Euro version for safety, emissions and such. Again whose fault is that? Your logic is so bad blaming a mfgr for differences in countries.
Now as for doing what you want, my buddy did exactly the opposite when he brought the Genesis he acquired while living the USA to UK. He was able to simply replace the necessary fittings. You could do the same. Go to a store look at a Q200 and buy the appropriate regulator and control and attach it to your Q200. You're making far more out of it than it is

Are there any propane dealers in the area you now live in? If so, maybe you could take the grill into them after you separate the stand from the grill to make it more portable, and leave the grate at home also. They should be able to help you.

i'm not going to enter an arguement based on that logic. what i'm saying is that they could make it easier by providing safe quality changes. the real problem comes when folks try to cobble something to make their $$$$ weber work in a differant country. or have a buy back program. or or or. again i already stated that the best is to sell the weber before moving but many are caught up in the move and the weber is not at the top of the list of worries. i won't respond further as i've said much more than i normally do on subjects like this.

George you can ignore or respond if you want but your logic is just so off base. Appliances (grills are appliances) are different for different countries. You can't bring a refrigerator from Europe to the USA or vice verse as the voltages and such are different. Is that the mfgr fault for the UK running on 240 volt 50 hz and us using 115 60 hz? Yeah you can buy expensive adapters but like anything else is it really worth the hassle? Really it's not a good argument to blame the mfgr of a product for differences in the countries those products are sold in

i would think you could get an attachment like that with a hose to go to yer regulator. that thing on top of those bottles doesn't look like a regulator. maybe ask around.

There are small propane bottles and there are propane tanks.

Usually the Q's are set up to connect to propane bottles. To connect to a propane tank (which it looks like in your picture) is possible but not with just with one cable/adapter.

The regulator in the picture must connect to something. Next you will need to find some adapters/fitting to connect it to your Q.

I connect my q with a propane T -
3-2810698.jpg

and then use a connector hose to the q -
0007650120092_500X500.jpg

Back