Q2000 Propane Regulator

I converted my weed burning torch to 1lb. cylinders several years ago for true portability. It will shoot a flame 10ft at full trigger, I use it to start campfires, it's a true flame thrower now. I fill my own 1lb cylinders also just for this. You need to put them in the freezer for 1 to 2 hours before filling and then they fill up very easily. The whole torch will frost up after about 5 minutes and drain a bottle in 10 minutes. I absolutely love the thing, and light everyone's campfires that I can!!
I mostly use my weed torch in the cold to smooth a little ice rink in my back yard. I put a 20lb. tank on a sled and pull it around.

I always thought the tank pressure could vary, hence the need for a regulator.
The real variation is on the other side of the regulator - the more you turn burners up, the more gas the regulator lets through to maintain proper pressure to the grill.

Thanks for all of the input/comments. The problem with being a retired engineer is that I always want to tinker with something and I've got a lot of time to think about ways to tinker with stuff (and get myself in trouble). I'll probably just buy a bunch of 1 lb. tanks and (hopefully) be done with it.

Back