Q-Notes, a HeaterMeter companion and Barbecue note taking site

David Pagels

I've been wanting a place to keep my barbecuing notes other than Notepad - to make them more accessible and be able to monitor and control my HeaterMeter in the same place. Since I'm a software engineer by trade, I thought I would throw together a website. I don't know if others are having the same wants/problem, but I thought I would make it secure and user-based to see if it grows legs. I've added all my barbecue plans and results from this year so far as an example. If you don't want others to see your plans, there's also an option to make your plans private. It should all be fully linkable if you want to get feedback on a cook from the forum too. Check it out and let me know what you think! https://www.qnotes.tk/

That's cool. Note-taking with results regarding BBQ as I see it? I can be the 1st to post my CNC (and design) files for the Aluma-Damper.

Yep! I hadn't thought of using it for things other then recipes yet. I'll make a note to add in markdown to better support that too. BTW - if anyone has an idea or feature they'd like to see in the site, let me know! I'd really like to help people up their Q game

I like the idea, but since there are dozens of sites popping up and shutting down all the time, I'm less likely to post stuff to a random note taking site vs keeping notes on something like google docs or github

That's fair, thanks for the feedback, Steve! I'll be doing my best to make this a site that I'd like to use, to incorporate features that other's would like to use, and to keep it going for the forseeable future, but I don't have the staying power and resources of google or github.
edit: I'll be adding something like a csv export for a user to backup their plans and steps to upload to sites like google sheets, which doesn't fully address that issue, but should help a little

Last edited:

Back