Pulled the trigger on a Summit Kamado E6

I just put together my E6 this past weekend. First meal was tri-tips and did some bone in chicken pieces tonight. Super impressed by this cooker so far. It'll probably take me a few more cooks to get comfortable. Hoping for fair weather this coming weekend so I do some ribs or pork butt.

I have a couple of 2013 vintage of these. They are fantastic with thanksgiving turkey.

15l_c7-1634676397661.png
Yeah, those Frenchies know how to make wine. I had a DD about a month ago. Veronique makes some great stuff.

I have a couple of 2013 vintage of these. They are fantastic with thanksgiving turkey.

15l_c7-1634676397661.png

WOW. So envious. An amazing Pinot. Willamette Valley Pinot is probably my favorite wine above almost anything in the world I've tasted. Year after year that vineyard just puts out liquid gold in a bottle!!

Been to Oregon three times in the last 10 years for no other reason that to partake of the grape there... Another trip planned as soon as covid settles.

Last edited:
WOW. So envious. An amazing Pinot. Willamette Valley Pinot is probably my favorite wine above almost anything in the world I've tasted. Year after year that vineyard just puts out liquid gold in a bottle!!

Been to Oregon three times in the last 10 years for no other reason that to partake of the grape there... Another trip planned as soon as covid settles.

If you like Pinot, give some labels a try that come from the Sonoma Coast appellation. In particular look for vineyards in the Fort Ross area. There are only a handful, but some of them sell grapes to other labels. Flowers, Fort Ross, Hirsch, Martinelli all have vineyards on the high fields above the ocean, just above the fog level. Some incredible stuff comes from there. It's a remote area that has narrow winding roads and there aren't many tasting rooms. I only know of the Fort Ross vineyard having a tasting room up there. The rest have their tasting rooms in towns like Sebastopol.

Last edited:
Holy Viniculture Batman, This thread has been Winejacked :D

Rochioli is my favorite Sonoma Pinot, yet it is nearly impossible to get.

Maybe we need a wine with grilled food sub-section :unsure:

I’m rebellious. They can issue all the bans they want and I’m still cooking on coals
We take fire season VERY seriously around here. When the burn ban is put into place every fire season (roughly July through September), I don't argue — because I don't want my timber going up in flames. It's simply too risky to handle burning charcoal, so I switch to gas for the duration.

Every so often we get a newcomer who thinks fire season regs don't apply to them, but they quickly learn the locals won't put up with their antics.

Last edited:

Back