Pulled the trigger on a Summit Kamado E6

A while back my wife, after eating a particularly good meal I'd made, said "you can buy any barbecue thing you like as long as you keep cooking food like this!"

Today we sat down and discussed that statement, and she agreed an E6 would be an excellent investment in her wintertime gustatory enjoyment. We now have one on the way from Palatine, Il.

Good thing I'm almost finished building a 12' x 12' covered BBQ area...

A while back my wife, after eating a particularly good meal I'd made, said "you can buy any barbecue thing you like as long as you keep cooking food like this!"

Today we sat down and discussed that statement, and she agreed an E6 would be an excellent investment in her wintertime gustatory enjoyment. We now have one on the way from Palatine, Il.

Good thing I'm almost finished building a 12' x 12' covered BBQ area...
Lucky man! She’s a keeper! Wife sounds nice too!!

Congrats. You will absolutely LOVE it. It’s a game changer for sure, I always say if I had to keep just one (I’ve got 11 grills, all Weber’s, and only two don’t burn charcoal), but just one, it would be my Summit Charcoal, the predecessor to the E6. It’s just that good.

Thanks everyone — really looking forward to it. Since we want to be able to BBQ year round, the insulation should really help.

I seem to recall a "burn in" procedure mentioned, but so far haven't found the thread where I read it. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Thanks everyone — really looking forward to it. Since we want to be able to BBQ year round, the insulation should really help.

I seem to recall a "burn in" procedure mentioned, but so far haven't found the thread where I read it. Anyone care to enlighten me?
Yeah it’s a strange process for sure, send it to me first and I’ll burn it in for you. It takes a couple years but I’ll get it done right!!

Burn in is no different than a kettle or gas or pellet. Get her up to temp, I open everything all the way, and go generally 30-45 minutes. It’s not exact, ballpark it and she’s good to go

I have a couple of 2013 vintage of these. They are fantastic with thanksgiving turkey.

15l_c7-1634676397661.png

Back