pulled pork

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I just put on two butts about 5 1/2 lbs. each.
How long should they take? Will they cooked alot faster than one large one? Or will it still be about a hour and half per lb?

Rick K,

I'd count on closer to two hours per pound. I always figure on 2hr/lb and then I'm pleasantly surprised if it takes less time. Two 5.5. pounders will cook in about 10-11 hours/one 10 pounder will take about 20 hours.

Do you have both on the top grate?

Butt's are all different.

I've never had butts finish less than 2hr/lb. If top grate temp holds around 230*f, they run closer to 3hr/lb.

As always, your mileage may vary.

Thanks for the info,I was guessing they would be done in about seven hrs.just one more ? To foil or not to foil?

Hey Rick,

I've never foiled them but if you want PP today, you might have to - Just make sure you put the Butts back on w/o foil for about an hour or so to harden up the bark a little. If you don't have a digital therm in there, twist the bone to see if it wants to come out - If it does, it's done.

Just across the river,

Thanks Bill, I think I'll wrap them for the last 3 hrs. Or until They hit 190 degrees.By the way i live in clarence.My brother and i are going to enter our 1st contest next month and we may cook the butts again.

Rick,

Please email me through the forum - I'd like to find out more about that contest /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back