Proper Forum Board to Discuss ATC Cooks ?

James Harvey

TVWBB Pro
Hi All,

I just wanted to get input on where posts about actual cooks and questions using ATC's is best posted? It seems that this board is more geared towards the technical aspects of ATC's than the cooking details associated (which is fine). Perhaps that is because those that don't use them (or better, use them more rarely) don't frequent this area so we have less visitors to reply. I just don't want to dilute the wrong place with the wrong posts but hope to get more input. That said, I still have many operational questions about my semi-new Stoker so please don't fault me for the question
icon_smile.gif

Thanks,

JDH

My guess would be that for operational questions this section is most appropriate. For cooking related questions, assuming they are barbecuing questions, the Barbecue section would be more appropriate.

Thanks Kevin. I thought the same but have found some resistance to ATC cook questions in the Barbecue section.

For example, some may ignore the initial question and focus more on why one would use an ATC and then the thread moves away from the original post.

BTW - I blended one of your chili powder recipe suggestions last night but will post that in the Recipes area.

JDH

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">some may ignore the initial question and focus more on why one would use an ATC </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Point taken. However if the question revolves more around cooking (not so much that an ATC is involved), I think the question better suited to the Barbecue section as more members tend to go there.

If the ATC need be mentioned and it provokes responses like you mention, ignore the tangent.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K Kruger:
If the ATC need be mentioned and it provokes responses like you mention, ignore the tangent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>If/when this happens in a way that feels inappropriate, please click the "report post" icon (the yellow triangle containing an exclamation point) and drop me a note so I can take a look and decide if cleanup or a gentle reminder is needed.

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks Chris. I remember that you relocated a few of my earliest posts to more appropriate areas. I've never considered using the "Report Post" function because I thought it referred only to inappropriate or disrespectful comments and most here are very respectful of the forum.

Very appreciative of your time.

Back