Propane to NG conversion (not a Weber)

MartyB

TVWBB Member
I purchased my Napoleon Prestige 500 in June 2020. Zero regrets..... until today.
I'm doing a patio remodel and getting an external NG hookup plumbed.
I know I can get the orifices for the side and rear burners. Still hoping I can find them for the 4 main burners.
Otherwise, I've already found where I can order the full NG manifold.

Do I need to? No. I just want the convenience.

Napoleon is just like Weber. They do NOT want you to convert and make it quite difficult. You would need the new manifold and 2 new orifices for the the Roti and side burner. I almost did one and decided on selling it instead.

Napoleon is just like Weber. They do NOT want you to convert and make it quite difficult. You would need the new manifold and 2 new orifices for the the Roti and side burner. I almost did one and decided on selling it instead.
The cost of the new manifold and 2 orifices would be less than my loss on trying to sell the 1 year old grill. It's less than I'm seeing used 10 year old Genesis NG models in my area. Plus I'd have all the parts to convert back if ever needed.
Now if I saw a nice used Wolf of Lynx NG model for sale I could be swayed by one of those.

That's too bad
Wasn't too bad as I made some money on it as I got it used for a price I could not pass up. But now I wish I had it so we could trade parts and I would have had a really nice grill with that rotisserie and sear burner.

Have the grill partially converted. Replaced the manifold and the rear/rotisserie orifice. Still waiting on the side/sear burner orifice.
While Napoleon doesn't provide a "kit" to convert. It's not like they make it difficult to find some of the information.
This is the label on the back of the grill.

20210704_172612.jpg

Have the grill partially converted. Replaced the manifold and the rear/rotisserie orifice. Still waiting on the side/sear burner orifice.
While Napoleon doesn't provide a "kit" to convert. It's not like they make it difficult to find some of the information.
This is the label on the back of the grill.

View attachment 32119
I noticed that on the one I flipped. The problem was finding all the different orifices' at a reasonable price. If you get everything working well please write it up, pictures, and where you sourced parts as I would be most interested. Thanks

Back