Propane tank question.......I gotta spinner :(

JimV

TVWBB All-Star
So I am all set to surprise my next door neighbor with a nice Silver A that I spruced up for him then I find that the tank I snagged from my shop needs an adjustment. So when I open the valve slowly and keep turning there is no stop....it just gets loose a spins freely. Whats the fix here?
Thanks

I don't usually try messing with the tanks. If something goes wrong on one I just go to one of those exchange-a-tank places....swap old broken one for one that works. Let gas company fix it.

I agree, take the tank to a LP exchange outfit and get a new full tank. $15 to $20 and your problem is solved.

Ok thanks guys.....I thought this might be an easy fix like tighten the screw or something. Dang it.....this tank is full :(

well, if the tank is full, I would try some remediation to get the valve working, but I would also be real careful. If you have already done that and can't get it working, then just better off eating the $20.
Where did you get the tank? Maybe go back and talk to them about it....likely if it is a propane refill site, they might have a certified guy there to look at it. If it was an exchange place, go back and tell them they gave you a jacked up tank. They will likely give you a new exchange.

I got the tank with a purchase of a flipper grill so I dont have any ground to stand on there. I was thinking of just using it for my gas fire pit if it is safe. I did start the grill with it......but shut if off pretty quick.

Bruce yer gunna stir up Larry with those kind of shenanigans..........remain calm everyone.......nothing to see here. I am taking the safe route and exchanging the tank for a new one.

To be honest Larry's safety talks have saved my arse a few time already...so just pokin' fun

Me too:

t0sG1c6.jpg

Well, I hate the Packers and DUH Bears are a close second. And I do like football even though they are making it harder all the time to do so.

Back