Probing question...

Dave Atwater

TVWBB Fan
The internal IT department (boy #1) at the Atwater household has the Heater Meter built and functional. Thank you everyone who contributed to this project - if it means anything, boy#1 was super stoked to build and program this project, and mentioned numerous times how great the instruction are. My question...

The accounting department and purchasing agent (me...) bought the two Mav 732 probes listed. Both showed up looking like a food probe with a pointy end although the packages are labeled correctly.

I am using them and they work great until a certain point in the cook when the grill probe goes on a thermal runaway and reads a crazy high false temp. The probe in the food is rock solid.

My assumption is that I received a mis-packaged food probe in a grill probe box (should have been blunt?) and if I order another grill probe that this would solve my problem?

Am I on the right track? :confused:

The food probe and pit probe as essentially the same thing, just the physical appearance is different and the pit probe should have come with a clip.

Do a search on ET-732 probes and you can see a couple different things to check for wierd temp behavior. The most likely issue if this happened at higher temps is a grounding issue between the braiding and the probe. There is a picture where a member soldered a wire to ground the two together and fixed his issue.

dave

Back