Probe Voltage Issue?

Dave N

I am having a strange issue. I have the Heatermeter 4.0 with rPi. Everything seems to work but the probes. When I measure voltage, all of the 3.3V and 5V points measure correctly except for the all of the probe points measure at 0.7 to 0.9 volts (depending on what, I do not know), but they all measure the same at any given point in time. Also, each one measures this same voltage regardless of whether I measure at the probe jack, using J2, on the ATmega connector, or at the resistors. I had the IC4 installed initially and removed it but had the same result with and without (and running the heatermeter standalone with IC4). I have also removed all of my probe jacks at this point to ensure there were no solder bridges or anything like that. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, when I measure voltage on any probe point (e.g., at the jack, J2, resistor, etc.) for any probe but probe 3, the LCD will intermittently flash up Probe 3 temp = ~300 degrees. I am not sure if this helps anything, but it seems like a weird side effect.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

--Dave

Never mind. Bad connection on the resistor for probe 3 on the side that connects to the capacitor. All working now. Great project!

Back