Pro smokers

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

Good morning,

Don't want to start a war here, but has anybody every used a more commercial / professional smoker? Something you'd find in a restaurant that does ribs in smoke? A set it and forget it product? A CookShack or even a Viking Outdoor Electric Smoker Oven?

Just curious what your results were. How would you compare the results from really good, authentic Q and one of these products?

Michael

I have a small Cookshack and I don't like the results as well as the WSM. Part of it may have to do with me enjoying some amount of interaction with the cooker, but I also believe the product from the WSM is better.

Paul

Um, I thought the WSM was pretty much "set it and forget it" smoker.

Rath *Never had any other smoker and is happy*

I have read strings on other sites of people who use Cook Shacks and like them. I dont have any experience myself with them.

A WSM does require a little monitering and a little experience to use. However the learning curve should be short especially with the accumulated knowlege and experience on this site. I guess it depends on your comfort level.
Some who use offset rigs would scoff at the idea of using a WSM and people who cook in pits dug in the ground might scoff at both offset and water smokers.

A cookshack woudnt be for me though.
Jim

As much as I like my wsm, if I was to ever consider seriously upgrading, then I would probably go with a more professional smoker. Though, I don't think that I would go electric unless I was looking to go into business, and even then, I doubt I would.

Back