Prime Strips with Bearnaise

Nice!
IMG_1197.JPG

Nice job Jeff!
"This was the second time I threw trotters in a stock and they lend an amazing element to a stock unlike anything else."
Gelatinous yumminess!

This thread just shows/proves that getting away from the grill, a bit, and into the kitchen is the necessary leap to stepping up the game, so to speak. Very good photography needless to say, somewhere in the 10x range of my camera abilities. Thanks for a great thread in how it's done, cooking as well as shooting!:cool:. Did you issue cholesterol pills as the last dish?:confused: .........................d

Last edited:
I really can't add much here, except this has got to be one of the best food posts I've ever seen.

This thread just shows/proves that getting away from the grill, a bit, and into the kitchen is the necessary leap to stepping up the game, so to speak. Very good photography needless to say, somewhere in the 10x range of my camera abilities. Thanks for a great thread in how it's done, cooking as well as shooting!:cool:. Did you issue cholesterol pills as the last dish?:confused: .........................d

It's all what you're after. I totally get guys who just barbecue and grill. There's a real sense of accomplishment in following a long process to completion. I just happen to dig any long process in cooking. If you can successfully pull off a rack of ribs or a tender brisket, there really isn't much you wouldn't be able to cook well. I just takes wanting to be in the kitchen rather than outside at the grill.

I'm also lucky that my wife cooks as much as I do and she doesn't mind pulling a whole meal together, and really focusing on the details.

It's all what you're after. I totally get guys who just barbecue and grill. There's a real sense of accomplishment in following a long process to completion. I just happen to dig any long process in cooking. If you can successfully pull off a rack of ribs or a tender brisket, there really isn't much you wouldn't be able to cook well. I just takes wanting to be in the kitchen rather than outside at the grill.

I'm also lucky that my wife cooks as much as I do and she doesn't mind pulling a whole meal together, and really focusing on the details.

Yea, I agree, but there's so much one can do inside that is harder to do outside just for the sake of doing it outside....nothing wrong with that, I find that in many cases I can do both, especially if the grill or smoker does not need constant attention, like searing etc............

My wife likes to watch, but she does a great job of eating and then cleaning up my mess:cool:......................d

Nice to see you here Jeff. You've outdone yourself.
I appreciate the conversation; so important to have a helpful, supportive spouse in the kitchen and by the grill.

Back