Price for used ranch kettle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Gala

TVWBB Member
I was at my co workers house and he decided he no longer wants his ranch kettle. It's in good condition and told me he wants 400 for it. The only problem with it is it has rust on the charcoal grate. Doyoi think it's a fair price?

Yep! It's a very fair price. Anything under $500 is if it isn't damaged. Please post pics when you get that big gun!

Very carefully.
icon_cool.gif

Man, that's a really nice price for one of those. Charcoal grates take a lot of abuse before they fail. If you're concerned about how much strength is left, take a stiff wire brush to it to knock off the surface scale. Chances are there's plenty of life left in that grate. I just did that with my redhead 18.5. Saved a few bucks by not needlessly discarding a useable charcoal grate.

I would not be even a little concerned about rust of the charcoal grate unless it's obviously about to fail. I had a project where I took a dremel to a rusted cooking grate (thinner) that I THOUGHT was in terrible shape and that thing was still REALLY solid and had a TON of life it.. After that, I would not even notice a rusted charcoal grate.

Buy that big bad boy grill ! You may think it is too big, it's not!You will use the space for a lot of great grilling.Someday you will get a house and have that beauty on your patio or backyard, and will enjoy it more than ever.
icon_smile.gif
If it doesn't work out cleaning the grill, then buy a new one, it will be worth the investment.Sears sells those grills for $789, amazon sells them for $1200!

And when that grate completely rusts through you can buy a half sheet (4x4) of expanded metal for around $15 at a metal seller.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by J Reyes:
And when that grate completely rusts through you can buy a half sheet (4x4) of expanded metal for around $15 at a metal seller. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Great idea John! I would do the same. They sell expanded SS and it can be cut to fit.

Just picked it up and glad I did. He had three different people calling while I was there offering him more then his asking. One guy offered 600.00 but , he told the guy he already made the deal. Now it's time to learn how to cook on this thing. It is alot bigger then I thought it would be. I will definatley be making a charcoal holder.

Every cook you do, you will learn something new.Don't get frustrated, you will be surprised how fast you will learn each time.Get a weber chimney starter,it will save you a lot of time in getting things going.The food you grill will be outstanding.You won't believe how you did without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back