Price check help, please.

Ken Irwin

TVWBB Member
I'm posting in the gas grill forum as opposed to the trading post because it is a gas grill.

" WEBER STAINLESS STEEL SUMMIT PLATINUM D4 LP GAS GRILL W/ SIDE BURNER AND SIDE TRAY. "

Is $900.00 a fair price for s SS gasser that looks nice in pictures?

thanks!
Ken <new to gas grills>

Seems a little steep-guessing this is at leat 5 years old. It is pretty common to see the used current look Summits (when you see them for the $600-$1200 range for 4 or 6 burners)...

I would say the grill would go for more around $300-$500. I have never sold one, but I have sold a lot of used newer Weber Genesis models and I have sold a current 4 burner Summit S-420. I would think given the chance most people would prefer a new current series used Weber Genesis with 3 burners and side burners compared to an older 4 burner, and it seems like the price range on a newer Genesis is $300-$600. Just my $.02, take it for what it is worth...

I don't think amazon.com has prices on older Summit D4 grills (at least I didn't see any). Amazon.com seems to only have pricing on grills within a couple years old.

I have the 2006 Summit Platinum D4 which I believe is the exact grill you are inquiring about. That model grill was the ONLY Full Stainless steel grill Weber ever made. I specifically bought it because of living in a heavy salt air environment. The most important difference is the frame is full stainless steel unlike previous so called stainless grills and the most recent so called stainless models. I have mine outside, uncovered less than 200 yards from the Gulf of Mexico since 2006 and it looks like new after 6 years. I periodically use Sprayway Stainless Steel Cleaner and Polish which makes it look like the day I bought it. I have been looking for a D6 with the 6 burners versus 4 that I have and would gladly buy it for $800 - $900. I paid $1,600 for my grill and knowing they can not wear out, half price seems like a great deal. Post some photos if you get it, I would jump on it. Wish it was closer to me, I would buy it.

Back