Pretty good Searwood multiple cooks review

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I enjoyed this guy’s review. Pretty impressive grill. And his WI accent is quite entertaining.

One thing though about some of these guys (him and there is another guy in New Jersey) when they're testing for how quick they come up and so on. They cheat. They have BBQ shacks and are temp protected as well as wind protected.
Otherwise this guy is pretty solid

So right side is hotter. Just like my SF.

I know he's kind of just playing around but he basically overcooked almost everything....:)
Yeah, this wasn’t a highbrow cook. More a wham, bam thank you ma’am. 160° on a burger is a hockey puck, IMO.

I found the SW to be pretty flexible and capable.

I am suddenly rethinking my plans for a new Genesis gas grill after watching this and subsequently a few other YouTube reviews of the Searwood. 🤔

Yep, kind of nearly thinking same. After watching how many had issues with Smoke Fire very early on and how we're not seeing any issues popping up on this.......................they're sure looking tempting. A person could forego a gasser easily. Though I would want to see how the SW does in really cold winter, plus over wintering outdoors. In the end there is no "magic bullet" with it. Still a small fire pot, and not a whole lotta fuel getting into the fire pot. So I wonder in "real world" how it's gonna come across operating in our awful climate come winter

@LMichaels, I think you’re close to me (I’m in Madison). I hadn’t really thought about the cold weather thing. Then again, my only winter cook is typically a turkey on the WSM for thanksgiving. I know… I’m just a pathetic fair weather griller.

I enjoyed this guy’s review. Pretty impressive grill. And his WI accent is quite entertaining.

He sounds like you should in Wisconsin! LOL. You should hear my brother! Also wondering how you know he is from Wisconsin?

PS Nevermind, I see it on his sign now! Never noticed it before.

Last edited:
My old Traeger tops out at 325* with the lid closed so its only duty is low and slow which is what I bought it for. The rotisserie on the Searwood has me interested.

Back