Prep table almost done.

Great work Stefan! Looks very professional. I'm jealous of your tool collection too! A guy can dream.

Would you mind putting up a few more pictures of how you attached your wood flooring to the metal frame? I'm still kicking around ideas for my wood floor on my Genesis.
I used a thin aluminum angle 1/16" thick and 1" sides to limit the right and left frame moving outward. On the inside I used a piece of 2x2 wood and re-used the SS clamp from the original metal floor. These clamps are just riveted on to the metal floor and the rivets can be drilled out. The schematics below hopefully explain. The aluminum angle runs all away the cross bar frame and is mounted to the cedar boards with 2 screws per board.

Attachments

• Floor 2.JPG
    Floor 2.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Wood floor schematic.JPG
    Wood floor schematic.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I used a thin aluminum angle 1/16" thick and 1" sides to limit the right and left frame moving outward. On the inside I used a piece of 2x2 wood and re-used the SS clamp from the original metal floor. These clamps are just riveted on to the metal floor and the rivets can be drilled out. The schematics below hopefully explain. The aluminum angle runs all away the cross bar frame and is mounted to the cedar boards with 2 screws per board.
Interesting. Thanks for the details!
So the 3"4 board is just laying on top of the 2x2?

Interesting. Thanks for the details!
So the 3"4 board is just laying on top of the 2x2?
The boards and 2x2 are actually screwed together. Forgot to mention that. On one grill I had drilled the screws in from above and on another from below. That floor then sits firmly in the frame. You can still lift it out by pressing the clamps inwards. But you need quite a bit of pressure.
And the aluminum angle is thin enough so that the cabinet side panels still fit.

Attachments

• Wood floor schematic.JPG
    Wood floor schematic.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Back