PP Sliders with Pineapple/Fennel Slaw

Dan Krause

TVWBB Fan
Been a while since I have smoked anything. Partly due to a lack of time and partly due to trying to cut down on my calories. Joined Weight Watchers, so I made a more health conscious BBQ dinner.

To start off with, I smoked a pork should on my trusty old 22:
P6080645.jpg

Just before I pulled the shoulder off of the smoker, I quick pickled some onions and fennel:
P6080646.jpg

Sliced up a half a head of fresh cabbage and one whole pineapple:
P6080647.jpg

Combine the two with some ancho chili flakes and some canola oil at the last minute to keep the cabbage crisp:
P6080651.jpg

Combined the pulled pork and the slaw on a whole wheat dinner roll to make this:
P6080667.jpg

Finally for dessert, I made a faux panna cotta using low fat cottage cheese, 2% milk, sweetener, sugar free orange jello, and gelatin:
P6080655.jpg

The slaw was quite tasty (and a surprise hit of the night) and the addition to the slider was great. The slider did not need any sauce at all due to the slaw. The sandwich did not need any sauce. 2 sliders came in at around 14 points on Weight Watchers.

The faux panna cotta was also huge hit. It makes 8 servings at 4 points each on WW.

Thanks for looking.

I also recently started a Facebook entertainment page where I post nothing but food I do (including more than just BBQ). Come check it out at http://www.facebook.com/TheAtomicCook. I will be posting to it about 2 to 3 times a week. It will include pics and some recipes.

Hey Dan, I'm a fellow Chattanoogan. Let me know if you need a taste tester! I've only had my WSM about 6 months but love it and cook as often as possible. If you come across any great meat sales let me know and I'll do the same.

Back