Pouring rain, WSM still crank'n on over-nighter :)

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'm into the 9th hour smoking 14 lbs. of pork shoulder. The rain at times is just insane. I was very concerned at first but she's still cooking.

Unbelievable.

Mark, you might do a search on smoking while raining and find that the only real issue that arises is if it is indeed raining really hard(insane) some water will collect in the bowl of the WSM. It will tend to play around with the temp a bit but as always, the WSM will come back to temp and, well, stay there.

I used some white oak and hickery with a mix of Kingsford and K-Mart Briquettes.

The WSM was naked in the rain most of the night. I am hesitant placing it under the screen porch for these over-nighters. I now have only some aluminum foil over the top vent (rain stops). So far so good. My wife is ready to hurl, she hates the smell of smoked food in the morning.

I might toss the shoulders in the oven for the last 2 hours due to poor weather conditions.

Thanks for replies so early this AM. Have a great weekend.

Mark, good job with the foil on the top vent...when you open the WSM you will probably notice some water in it.

There is one terrible problem I see...you should think about getting another wife(ready to hurl due to smoked meat in the morning)mine loves the smell of the pork anytime of day and so should yours!!/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Just kidding about the last paragraph(incase you couldn't tell)

Great job Mark. The rains have been insane indeed, glad to know that you toughed it out.

Rath *knows Greg wears pork chops to bed*

Mark, the sun just came out here /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif maybe it'll work it's way up to you. Let us no how it turned out.

Thanks for the input.

Jersey Greg, you guys got slammed with rain.

Without further bandwidth I will say this; my pork shoulder turned out great. The people loved it and since the local BBQ place had a fire (closed all week) I think I was the only one in the state with pulled pork today.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back